This post couldn’t be more off topic for this type of blog. But with a number of friends tweeting and talking about fruit flies I figure it was worth a post.
Here is a sure fire way to get ride of the fruit flies. Nothing works better. I have done this three summers in a row and it works every time. Also it can last days or weeks without fail or need of changing.
- Get a Wide bottom Tupperware type of container.
- Purchase Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) with the ‘Mother’
- Cover in Plastic Wrap and use Elastic to keep the wrap tight.
- Poke at least a dozen holes in the wrap and make sure the wrap is tight.
- Put it near the fruit if you can’t smell the Apple Cider Vinegar neither can the fly.
I have tried a few different versions of this using different liquids and nothing worked as well as the ACV apparently they want the ‘Mother’ and will do anything to get it. You can find Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar at most health food stores. I went to Safeway looking for ACV with the ‘Mother’ and the floor clerk looked at me strangely and didn’t know what I was talking about…
Leave it overnight you will have half a dozen. I also I slosh the liquid any time I saw a fly to make sure they died a timely death.