Robert Dall is a 30-something web designer, blogger and one of many WordPress core contributors.
Born and raised on the West Coast of Canada, in the small seaside village of Sechelt, B.C. Robert’s passion for the visual element started with his first high school photography class. He continued with this passion by studying at Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, graduating with a Diploma in Journalism Arts.
The next seven years were a chaotic blur of lenses, assignments, time zones and cities as Robert criss-crossed the Arctic and Western Canada telling the stories of Canadians from the viewfinder of his camera.
Homesick after years on the road, Robert returned to the West Coast in 2005 seeking to broaden his horizons, while staying a little closer to home.
Studying web design at BCIT I stumbled upon WordPress.com quite early in my web up bringing. I then made the natural progression from WordPress.com to self hosted WordPress site and since then I have work almost exclusively with WordPress using it as a blog, CMS, portfolio and e-commerce.
Community is Poetry
One of the great benefits of WordPress is the awesome local and world wide community of designers, developers and content creators. Here is a list of all my involvement with the wider WordPress community:
List of Speaking Engagements:
- February 14th, 2013 – Vancouver WordPress Meetup Group – CSS 101 + Backgrounds
- June 8th, 2013 – Seattle WordCamp – Taking Backgrounds to the Next Level
- August 17th – Vancouver WordCamp - How to submit a Trac Ticket
List of Published Articles:
- August 29th, 2013 – Post Status – How to submit a Trac Ticket
WordPress Core Contributions:
- July 23rd, 2013 – Twenty Thirteen: better display for lists next to captions. 24785
- September 20th, 2013 – Twenty Thirteen: fixes comment layout. 25516
WordPress Theme Directory Submissions:
- August 27th, 2013 - A dark child theme of Twenty Thirteen. R2D2
Like life… This is list is far from complete… as my life and development continues so will this list. Stay tuned!